fonaCAB Central Darts League




Posted by seamus mccormick on April 17, 2018 at 6:00 AM

Welcome back to the FonaCab Central darts league where we take a break from the league to focus on the Curran and Patterson Cups. With the league split into two we saw The Forresters, Caseys, Donegal Celtic, Crumlin Star and Star Celtic all battle it out in St Matthews for the Curran Cup. Meanwhile Hibs hosted the Patterson Cup where Hibs 58, Casement, Clonard Hibs, St Matthews and O’Donnells all vying for cup glory. Without further ado let’s see how the night developed.

Curran Cup

Preliminary: Donegal Celtic 3-5 Crumlin Star

The first match of the night saw DC and Crumlin Star square off in a prelim match with the winner progressing to the semi final. Game one saw Joe Corr get DC off to a good start beating Jim Flanagan. Colm McGuinness followed suit in beating Willie Mullan to extend DC’s lead. Frankie McGeogh reduces that margin beating Sean Armstrong before Seany Armstrong reestablished their lead beating Martin Maloney. With DC in control Crumlin Star relied on Paul Thompson to rally his team, Thompson beating Paddy McGuinness. Ben Lagan followed suit beating Paddy McKeown to level the match. Peter Fitzpatrick outbattled Alan Hanna to provided the Crumlin men with the lead for the first time in the match before Tommy Henry completed the comeback beating John McLaughlin to send Crumlin Star into the semi final.

Semi Final: Star Celtic 5-2 Crumlin Star

The first semi final saw an all star derby with star Celtic taking on Crumlin Star. Game one and two saw Henry McTasney jnr and snr combining well to provided Star Celtic with a 2-0 lead. McTasney jnr beating Peter Fitzpatrick while McTasney snr taking care of Martin Maloney in 30 darts. Aaron McGovern extended their lead in beating Willie Mullan before Dougie Bowes weighed in with a man of the match performance beating Eamon McGovern in 25 darts. Tommy Henry reduced Star Celtics margin further beating Rab Lyttle before Gerard Burns regained control for Star Celtic beating Paul Thompson in 31 darts. The last game saw Hugh Grieves and Ben Lagan battle it out. Both men threw well but it was to be Grieve to prevail and send Star Celtic into the final.

Semi Final: The Forresters 4-5 Caseys

The second game of the night saw Caseys take on The Forresters with both teams hungry for their first taste of cup success. Game 1 saw Gerard Callaghan get The Forresters off to a good start. Paul Stafford quickly made it 2-0 before Dan Cahoon pulled one back for the Caseys men. Martin Stafford and Paddy Dempsey combined well to put the Forresters within touching distance of the final. With the game looking beyond them Caseys looked to Matt Boyle to keep them in the game. Gerry McIlduff followed suit before Stevie Leckey restored parity going into the last game. The crucial last game was a close fought affair however it was to be Eugene Brannigan to prevail and send the Caseys men into the final.

Curran Cup Final: Caseys 5-2 Star Celtic

After an exciting night of darts we were down to the top two teams vying to lift the Curran Cup. With both Caseys and Star Celtic looking to lift their first cup of the season every game would count. Game one saw Olcan Kearney get the Caseys men off to a flyer beating Eamon McGovern. Rab Lyttle levelled the match beating Brian Kerr in 31 darts. Butch Mallon wrestled back the lead for Caseys beating Gerard Smith in 33 darts before Peter Leckey combined scoring and finishing to good effect to beat Aaron McGovern in 31 darts. Gerard Burns tried to rally his team beating Matt Boyle and taking out 79 in the process. However Dan Cahoon has other ideas taking the next game against Hugh Grieves to put Caseys within touching distance of the cup. The last game of the night saw Stevie Leckey take on Henry McTasney jnr with neither man wanting to give an inch. However it was to be Leckey to prevail to send the Caseys men into celebrations as the winners of the Curran Cup. Congratulations to Caseys on a brilliant Cup victory and to Star Celtic for an excellent Cup display.


Patterson Cup

Preliminary: Hibs 58 5-3 St Matts

The first match of the night saw the hosts Hibs 58 take on St Matthews. With both teams having shown excellent form it was anyone’s guess who would prevail. Game one saw Mark Lynch get the Hibs men off to a flyer beating Billy McDade. Jim Lynch followed suit beating Mick McCartan before Joe McAttamney pulled one back for the St Matts men beating Tony Corr. Con Kielty levelled the match beating Damien Corbett before Jap McKinley overcame Sean Patterson to provide St Matts with the lead. Martin Corbett restored parity beating Joe O’Kane before Tucker Clarke wrestled back the lead for the Hibs men beating Pat McGahan. The last game saw Peter McDonnell snr battle it out with John Consadine with both men scoring well. However it was McDonnell snr to prevail to send the Hibs men into the semi final.

Semi final: Casement 5-4 Clonard Hibs

Game one saw Joe Flannery get the Hibs men off to a perfect start beating Pat Burns before Joe Doone levelled the match against Conor Toner. Adam McDade combined scoring a finishing to devastating effect beating Sean Kerr in 26 darts taking out 73. Casements Henry McCann restored parity beating Stephen Magee in 30 darts before Martin Lavery weighed in with a man of the match performance to provided Casement with the lead. Lavery beating John Doyle in 24 darts taking out 67 in the process. Conor Hanna rallied his team in beating Ciaran McKay in 31 darts to level the match. Dan Delaney out battled Vinty Lenzie to provide Hibs with the lead before Charlie Press levelled the match against John McGrath. The last game saw Paul Condon battle it out with Tommy Fitzpatrick. Both men played well however it was to be Condon to prevail to send the Casement men into the final.

Semi final: Hibs 58 3-5 O’Donnells

Game one saw Tucker Clarke get the Hibs men off to a good start beating Pat Craig. Kev O’Neill levelled the match against Tony Corr before Rab Green overcame Jim lynch to provide O’Donnells with the lead. Eddie Robb extended O’Donnells lead beating Damien Corbett before Sean Patterson rallied his team in beating James McStravick. Stevie Jones beat Mark Lynch to reestablish O’Ds lead before Peter McDonnell snr weighed in with a man of the match display beating Ricky Saddler in 26 darts. The last game saw Davy McCusker battle it out with Paul Press. Both men refused to give an inch. However it was to be Press to prevail and send the O’Donnells men into the final.

The Patterson Cup Final: Casement 4-5 O’Donnells

After an excellent night of dart only two teams remained. Casement who were looking to lift their first cup of the season would take on O’Donnells fresh off their last Cup success. With drinks replenished all eyes were on centre board. Game one saw Eddie Robbs get O’Donnells off to a great start beating Paul Condon. Henry McCann quickly levelled the match beating Chips Craig. Martin Lavery continued his excellent form beating Rab Green in 27 darts before Stevie Jones returned the favour with a 27 darter of his own. Jones beating Charlie Press. Kev O’Neill provides O’Donnells with the lead beating Sean Kerr before James McStravick beat Pat Burns to put the O’Donnells men with touching distance of lifting the Cup. Ciaran McKay had other ideas beating Tucker Kearney in 27 darts before Vinty Lenzie Levelled the match against Ricky Saddler. The final game of the night saw Joe Doone take on Paul Press. Both men scored well with neither wanting to give an inch. However it was Press to prevail to send the O’Donnells men into celebrations. Congratulations to O’Donnells on their excellent Patterson Cup success and to Casement for such a high standard of darts over the night.


Categories: None

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.

You must be a member to comment on this page. Sign In or Register